It is worth to understand basics of service oriented computing platform to avoid the myths created by media on SOA. The following are core concepts under service oriented computing :
exegetically Service Oriented Architecture:
Service Oriented Architecture is an architectural paradigm and set of principles that may be used to build IT infrastructures enabling those with needs (consumers) and those with capabilities (providers) to interact via services across disparate domains of technology and ownership.
Like Object orientation, service orientation is a design paradigm. It is comprised of set of design principles. (I will describe them in next post)
how to order cytotec online without a prescription Service-Oriented Solution Logic:
The outcome after applying service orientation to a business or solution logic is service oriented solution logic.
Service oriented solution logic is measured in terms of Services. They represent the effective members in service oriented architectural model.
So, literally, application of service orientation to solution logic results in service oriented solution logic and is represented by services.
In software architecture, many components collaborate each other to produce some functionality which solves the business case. Similarly, individual services collaborate each other to produce solution logic known as service oriented composed solution logic or composed service.
Most of the business automations are realized through the implementation of service compositions.
The extent to which SOA is adopted is measured by service inventory. Typically, it is independently standardized and governed collection of service oriented solution logic (services) with in a boundary representing IT enterprise or domain.
The above terms have very slight differences and interrelated but good understanding of them is worth for better understanding SOA. Following points explains the relation between them:
- Service-oriented architecture represents a distinct form of technology architecture designed in support of service-oriented solution logic which is comprised of services and service compositions shaped by and designed in accordance with service-orientation.
- Service-orientation is a design paradigm comprised of service-orientation design principles. When applied to units of solution logic, these principles create services with distinct design characteristics that support the overall goals and vision of service-oriented computing.
- Service-oriented computing represents a new generation computing platform that encompasses the service-orientation paradigm and service-oriented architecture with the ultimate goal of creating and assembling one or more service inventories.
- Service-oriented solution logic is implemented as services and service compositions designed in accordance with service-orientation design principles.
- A service composition is comprised of services that have been assembled to provide the functionality required to automate a specific business task or process.
- Because service-orientation shapes many services as agnostic enterprise resources, one service may be invoked by multiple consumer programs, each of which can involve that same service in a different service composition.
- A collection of standardized services can form the basis of a service inventory that can be independently administered within its own physical deployment environment.
- Multiple business processes can be automated by the creation of service compositions that draw from a pool of existing agnostic services that reside within a service inventory.
- Service-oriented architecture is a form of technology architecture optimized in support of services, service compositions, and service inventories.